Friday, August 19, 2011

Michael J Fox Fundation Pets for Parkinson's Contest- Dignified Dacshund Struggles for Recognition

(Photo by Pamela Dunlap-Shohl)

I don't remember where I saw the information about the Michael J. Fox Foundation's Pets for Parkinson's contest. I do remember thinking that the above portrait of our Dachshund, Vienna, had a certain "je ne sais quois". For fun, I entered it.

Imagine my surprise when I went to the page where the frontrunners were posted and found Vienna running a respectable second. I voted, posted the info to my facebook page and was rewarded when I checked in later to find Vienna had made the leap to frontrunner! Since then she has slipped in and out of first place. Currently she is right behind some silky blue-blooded golden retriever named... are you ready for this? "Our Perfect Champ" Well. It ain't over until the fat Yorkie sings.

How can you help? Glad you asked. Just go here, and cast your vote for the scrappy underdog, Vienna. Look at that face. How can you say no?


2 comments:

ECleary78 said...

Done. What's the winner get?

Peter Dunlap-Shohl said...

Thanks, Elizabeth! I think the prize is an autographed copy of Fox' latest book. And of course, bragging rights. Also, Vienna will be on local TV tomorrow. Life is silly and so is she.